From North to South

Amy's ramblings. Once upon a time these ramblings pertained to my 5 months in Guatemala and Honduras. Then they followed the ebb and flow of my final semester in Alaska. From there things really went south ... to Argentina, Bolivia and Chile. After 8 months in the Andes, I fell back under Alaska's spell … working at a newspaper and wandering mountains. Now I'm somewhat south again ... in Jackson Hole, WY, teaching ski school on the clock and making fresh tracks off the clock.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've come to realize that if you have faith in the world, the world will show you amazing and beautiful people, places and things

Monday, January 11, 2010

Dreaming of distance

I woke up this morning daydreaming about the runs I could do this summer! How about this for an ideal lineup?

- Chad Ogden Ultramarathon in Kodiak, Alaska (43 miles, Memorial Day)
- The Hardrock 100 in the San Juan mountains of Colorado (July 9)
- The Crow Pass Crossing in the Chugach Mountains of Alaska (24 miles, mid July)
- The Matanuska Peak Challenge (13 miles, huge elevation gain and loss, beginning of August)
- The Grand Teton 50 or 100 miler (Labor Day)
- Rim to rim to rim of the Grand Canyon (with friends, October)

OK, so chances are, these all probably won't happen, and a few others will most likely get mixed in ... but still, it's fun to daydream.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy!!! I love your list of runs! The Chad Ogden is amazing!! AND...really, let's do rim to rim to rim!! Come on!
MIss you! Karen

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home