From North to South

Amy's ramblings. Once upon a time these ramblings pertained to my 5 months in Guatemala and Honduras. Then they followed the ebb and flow of my final semester in Alaska. From there things really went south ... to Argentina, Bolivia and Chile. After 8 months in the Andes, I fell back under Alaska's spell … working at a newspaper and wandering mountains. Now I'm somewhat south again ... in Jackson Hole, WY, teaching ski school on the clock and making fresh tracks off the clock.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've come to realize that if you have faith in the world, the world will show you amazing and beautiful people, places and things

Sunday, July 03, 2011

Mtn bikin' Moab

Cory and I finished up our May trip to Utah with a spontaneous stop in Moab. After days in the sain (that's combined rain and snow), we decided just to pick up shop and head home. We stopped for coffee and gas in Moab and discovered bluebird skies and pleasant 80 degree temperatures. We found ourselves wondering why we'd head back to dreary Idaho when we could be hitting the trails in Moab. We swung by a bike shop, got some beta, and spent two fabulous days mountain biking and camping (in our own private little nook complete with spectacular sunset views). Cory proved to be an endlessly patient mountain bike instructor. For more on my mountain biking trials and tribs see the excursions column I wrote on the topic (which I'll post right after I get these photos live).

-Amy


Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home