From North to South

Amy's ramblings. Once upon a time these ramblings pertained to my 5 months in Guatemala and Honduras. Then they followed the ebb and flow of my final semester in Alaska. From there things really went south ... to Argentina, Bolivia and Chile. After 8 months in the Andes, I fell back under Alaska's spell … working at a newspaper and wandering mountains. Now I'm somewhat south again ... in Jackson Hole, WY, teaching ski school on the clock and making fresh tracks off the clock.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've come to realize that if you have faith in the world, the world will show you amazing and beautiful people, places and things

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Life is full of beautiful moments

     Life is full of beautiful moments. Let me tell you about a couple of the beautiful moments in my day today. I took an adorable kindergartner named Kiya to her classroom to retrieve something she needed. The class bunny was out tromping, bouncing and hopping around. We went over to pet Velvet who just stood still and soaked in the attention. As we were sitting there on the floor with the bunny I was struck by how perfect the moment was. I mean really, what could be better than a cute girl and a cute bunny?!?
     The second was a serendipitous encounter I had this evening. I went to the climbing wall to play for a little while. As I was working out a climb (that wasn’t actually really working out) this guy came over and offered me an alternative suggestion on how to approach the route. I started talking to him and his friends a little bit while we were climbing. When we were finished they invited me to go to the Burrito King with them (first good sign- anyone who likes the Burrito King). So went to dinner and I ended up having a great time. It’s an amazing feeling to just click with people. I felt so comfortable around them, like we’ve been friends for years. Talk about blessings! What’s really interesting is that I had this distinct thought before I went down to the climbing wall to just be open to how the night would unfold. Life is full of beautiful moments!  


1 Comments:

Blogger Joanna said...

Beautiful Aimes, I am so glad I get to share in your adventure with this blog. I miss you so much, but I know you'll be having an amazing adventures. Take pictures, dream in Spanish, send me wonderfully descriptive emails. Hope to see you soon. Loves, Joanna

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home