From North to South

Amy's ramblings. Once upon a time these ramblings pertained to my 5 months in Guatemala and Honduras. Then they followed the ebb and flow of my final semester in Alaska. From there things really went south ... to Argentina, Bolivia and Chile. After 8 months in the Andes, I fell back under Alaska's spell … working at a newspaper and wandering mountains. Now I'm somewhat south again ... in Jackson Hole, WY, teaching ski school on the clock and making fresh tracks off the clock.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've come to realize that if you have faith in the world, the world will show you amazing and beautiful people, places and things

Saturday, July 08, 2006

A magical hike in Alaska

Morgan and I took a hike on a ridge that ran parallel to the Exit Glacier in Seward. We only planned to hike a couple of hours (to let the traffic pass), but we were so drawn in by the beauty and the moment that we couldn't stop. Six hours later, we completed one of the most fantastic hikes I've ever done. We saw a black bear in the distance, dahl sheep and a really cool marmot. Not to mention endless vistas of the Harding Ice Field and the sun beating on the clouds. It was well worth the sleep deprivation.

What a veiw!

The Harding Ice Field


Alex - we met him along the way and ended up hiking with him.

The summer sun on ice


Like I said, magical


Morgan and I

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alaska's so ugly. I can't understand why you would want to live there.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

sounds cool. literally.

~ James

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that you are continuing your blog updates. Fantastic!
Mom

9:31 PM  
Blogger lexmo said...

Hey Amy,

How are your South American advenutures going?
Sounds like you are communicating a lot with Walt. That's great. Let me know If I can help out. I have been passing on the good Joo-joo whenever posible.

Alex

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home