From North to South

Amy's ramblings. Once upon a time these ramblings pertained to my 5 months in Guatemala and Honduras. Then they followed the ebb and flow of my final semester in Alaska. From there things really went south ... to Argentina, Bolivia and Chile. After 8 months in the Andes, I fell back under Alaska's spell … working at a newspaper and wandering mountains. Now I'm somewhat south again ... in Jackson Hole, WY, teaching ski school on the clock and making fresh tracks off the clock.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've come to realize that if you have faith in the world, the world will show you amazing and beautiful people, places and things

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Laguna Negra to Pampa Linda Part I

I had an amazing opportunity to porter/help Jorge guide a trip for a really nice couple from, of all places, exactly where I grew up in Colorado. The trip was a seven day traverse of the Andes near Bariloche. The number of breath-taking, awe-inspiring moments along the way were too numerous to count. Here's a taste of the beauty I felt and experienced.


Crossing over a snowfield

Ken hanging out on a rock overlook

We had to build camp quickly on a ridge on the third night because of the onset of a random summer snowstorm. Our water came from the puddles formed in the rocks.


Andrea liked to either have sardines or tuna for breakfast. On day one I found this food selection far from appealing. By day three, in the midst of a snowstorm, I was partaking.

Our camp on the ridge (night 3)

First glimpse of Tronador for Andrea and Ken

The hut we stayed in the first night

Scrambling down a rock face on Day 2


Andrea and Ken -- the guests for the week

Cooking dinner on the second night while enjoying a good bottle of Argentine wine

The view from our camp site on the second night

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Amy! This is so cool, I know that I am going to go to South America and the guiding looks amazing! Isn´t it cool to create such incredible opportunities? I love you and think of you often!

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home