From North to South

Amy's ramblings. Once upon a time these ramblings pertained to my 5 months in Guatemala and Honduras. Then they followed the ebb and flow of my final semester in Alaska. From there things really went south ... to Argentina, Bolivia and Chile. After 8 months in the Andes, I fell back under Alaska's spell … working at a newspaper and wandering mountains. Now I'm somewhat south again ... in Jackson Hole, WY, teaching ski school on the clock and making fresh tracks off the clock.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've come to realize that if you have faith in the world, the world will show you amazing and beautiful people, places and things

Monday, June 18, 2007

Where and What

Where am I? What am I doing? In so many forms these are the questions of my life right now.

The simple answer to "where" is in Rosario. And the simple answer to "what" is visiting and spending time with old friends.

The more complicated answers contain a time continuum that extends out in both directions from the present. "Where have I been?" and "What have I done?"; "Where am I going?" and "What do I want to be doing'"

Sometimes these questions can be answered by tracing a line on a map, thumbing through a guide book, or skimming over this blog. More often, however, it involves jumping deep inside myself.

I want to be doing something meaningful in some place I love, I tell myself. But what does this really mean? I love quite some places in this world and meaning is not hard to come by when one lives with right motives.

I want to ski, make documentaries, open a coffee shop, learn glacier travel, build a cabin, write newspaper articles, live in the mountains, and continue to travel the world. This seems a little more concrete. Ambitious, but concrete. Doable, but ambitious.

Concrete, ambitious, doable!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home