From North to South

Amy's ramblings. Once upon a time these ramblings pertained to my 5 months in Guatemala and Honduras. Then they followed the ebb and flow of my final semester in Alaska. From there things really went south ... to Argentina, Bolivia and Chile. After 8 months in the Andes, I fell back under Alaska's spell … working at a newspaper and wandering mountains. Now I'm somewhat south again ... in Jackson Hole, WY, teaching ski school on the clock and making fresh tracks off the clock.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've come to realize that if you have faith in the world, the world will show you amazing and beautiful people, places and things

Friday, November 16, 2007

Why I love to telemark...

I love driving along roads frosted by soft pink snow... it's as though dawn took a giant highlighter and colored the whole earth


I love the thick breathing, warm fingertips and mental focus as I ascend -- one step at a time -- up the mountain


I love the free, floating sensation... I drop off a lip, a little air under my feet, my right knee dives foward, then springs back...In one swift motion I'm simultaneously propelled upwards and downwards



I love the views! Bold icy peaks, the tongue of the ocean, trees dressed up for halloween as ghosts, crumpled snow, a silent forest, swooping birds...


I love feeling tired at day's end... my whole body melts into itself with the certainty that today was a day well-lived



I love the inspiration I inevitably walk away with... somehow being "out there" puts into perspective what's "here"

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home