From North to South

Amy's ramblings. Once upon a time these ramblings pertained to my 5 months in Guatemala and Honduras. Then they followed the ebb and flow of my final semester in Alaska. From there things really went south ... to Argentina, Bolivia and Chile. After 8 months in the Andes, I fell back under Alaska's spell … working at a newspaper and wandering mountains. Now I'm somewhat south again ... in Jackson Hole, WY, teaching ski school on the clock and making fresh tracks off the clock.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've come to realize that if you have faith in the world, the world will show you amazing and beautiful people, places and things

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Over at Channel 2

I spend at least 36 hours per week here... so thought I'd give you all a glimps of life in the Channel 2 news station. There's some pretty cool stuff here... everything from the basement studio to the various rooms decked out in computers, screens, switch boards and the tons of other technology it takes to put on a broadcast. One thing's for sure, working in a news room is rarely boring.


Me "boothing" lasts night's 10 p.m. broadcast. When I booth it's my job to keep the show on time (to the second) and be the voice in the anchors' ears... give them time cues, let them know if anything changes, etc.
Logo on the news room wall
Shot of the newsroom... my desk is the one with the moose calendar on the right.
PCR (program control room)... this is where I booth from... there's a couple rooms that look like this... full of gadgets, gismos and the like.
The studio.... I run the prompter in the back corner of the studio (where this photo was taken from) for the weekday 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. shows.

Tracy Sinclaire recording a weather update

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home