From North to South

Amy's ramblings. Once upon a time these ramblings pertained to my 5 months in Guatemala and Honduras. Then they followed the ebb and flow of my final semester in Alaska. From there things really went south ... to Argentina, Bolivia and Chile. After 8 months in the Andes, I fell back under Alaska's spell … working at a newspaper and wandering mountains. Now I'm somewhat south again ... in Jackson Hole, WY, teaching ski school on the clock and making fresh tracks off the clock.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've come to realize that if you have faith in the world, the world will show you amazing and beautiful people, places and things

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Slushy skiing!

It's 40 degrees, raining... and a little demoralizing in Anchorage right now.

It all started last Thurs. night... conveniently the night of Town League (the just-for-fun ski race series in Alyeska that some of my friends and I are competing in). On this particular night, I learned...

It may be that at "32 degrees water turns to magic"... but at 33 degrees water is definitely still just water.

Below Megan, Lisa and I are sitting in the car trying to convince ourselves to go out into the whipping rain for a night of skiing.

Luckily, on top of the mountain there was lots of fresh, albeit heavy, snow and we ended up having a great time... and also moving up in race rankings since so few people showed up... I'm now third overall in the women's telemark division =)



Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home