From North to South

Amy's ramblings. Once upon a time these ramblings pertained to my 5 months in Guatemala and Honduras. Then they followed the ebb and flow of my final semester in Alaska. From there things really went south ... to Argentina, Bolivia and Chile. After 8 months in the Andes, I fell back under Alaska's spell … working at a newspaper and wandering mountains. Now I'm somewhat south again ... in Jackson Hole, WY, teaching ski school on the clock and making fresh tracks off the clock.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've come to realize that if you have faith in the world, the world will show you amazing and beautiful people, places and things

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Eklutna run

Yesterday Zippy and I ran with a group of friends out to the toe of Eklutna Glacier and back ... a gorgeous day on a gorgeous trail. Deep blue permeated Eklutna Lake and fresh green carpeted the mountainsides. We covered 25 miles mas o menos. Needless to say, we both slept extremely well last night ... I didn't even have to wake up to let Zippy out to go to the bathroom.

The Zipmiester
Mike and a headless Ed
What a view
Zippy and his favorite pastime ... chewing sticks
Part of the crew
A tributary
Eklutna Lake ... we ran along the north shore
Karen
The view from inside Serenty Falls Hut
Janet and Beryl

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Tower said...

You have a wonderful day. Alaska is very amazing place for people who love sports. I love sports, too. But I live in Ha Noi, Vietnam. It's a busy city without many places for outdoor activities. You are lucky one to enjoy Alaska !

2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home