From North to South

Amy's ramblings. Once upon a time these ramblings pertained to my 5 months in Guatemala and Honduras. Then they followed the ebb and flow of my final semester in Alaska. From there things really went south ... to Argentina, Bolivia and Chile. After 8 months in the Andes, I fell back under Alaska's spell … working at a newspaper and wandering mountains. Now I'm somewhat south again ... in Jackson Hole, WY, teaching ski school on the clock and making fresh tracks off the clock.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've come to realize that if you have faith in the world, the world will show you amazing and beautiful people, places and things

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Winter up high, fall down low

Winter on the peaks, fall in the valleys ... its perfect running weather. Today I went with a group of friends up McRoberts Creek toward Matanuska Peak ... we got every kind of weather under the sky ... snow, sunshine, rain, fog. At some points we were traversing over golden leaves, at other points we were tromping through ankle-deep pow-pow. The views from the top were spectacular, with snow all around and yellows, oranges, greens and reds blanketing the flat expanse below. To every season, turn, turn, turn ...

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home