From North to South

Amy's ramblings. Once upon a time these ramblings pertained to my 5 months in Guatemala and Honduras. Then they followed the ebb and flow of my final semester in Alaska. From there things really went south ... to Argentina, Bolivia and Chile. After 8 months in the Andes, I fell back under Alaska's spell … working at a newspaper and wandering mountains. Now I'm somewhat south again ... in Jackson Hole, WY, teaching ski school on the clock and making fresh tracks off the clock.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've come to realize that if you have faith in the world, the world will show you amazing and beautiful people, places and things

Monday, September 13, 2010

Toughness and tenacity

Last weekend I paced Mike Weston for the last half of the Grand Teton 100 miler ... he showed amazing toughness and tenacity ... finishing in 35 hours, 50 minutes ... 10 minutes before the 36 hour cutoff time ... it literally brought tears to my eyes (and others) to watch him cross the finish line! To view photos of my 20-plus hours out on the trail with him click here.

More on life soon ... and I still haven't forgot about the Leadville race report ... just busy, busy, busy now that I'm back in Jackson Hole ... moving into a new place and working full-time at the newspaper.

- Amy

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home