From North to South

Amy's ramblings. Once upon a time these ramblings pertained to my 5 months in Guatemala and Honduras. Then they followed the ebb and flow of my final semester in Alaska. From there things really went south ... to Argentina, Bolivia and Chile. After 8 months in the Andes, I fell back under Alaska's spell … working at a newspaper and wandering mountains. Now I'm somewhat south again ... in Jackson Hole, WY, teaching ski school on the clock and making fresh tracks off the clock.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've come to realize that if you have faith in the world, the world will show you amazing and beautiful people, places and things

Monday, May 29, 2006

Semuc Champey

Felicitas and I decided to travel together for a week before I left to meet up with the APU class in Honduras. We went to Semuc Champey, one of the most beautiful places in Guatemala, even if I did find a tarantula in my bed a few hours before trying to sleep (note the “not actually sleeping” part). On the morning after visiting Semuc Champey (see photos below) we took a cave tour. Holding candles, we swam through pools, climbed up waterfalls, scaled the rock walls, admired stalactites and stalagmites and generally worked our way through the underground river system. It was a really amazing experience! Well worth the four dollars!

Me

Felicitas

Final waterfalls at the end of the terraces

People who picked us up on the way out of the area and gave us a free ride back to Coban (see earlier post entitled People Are So Nice)

Looking down on Semuc Champey

Felicitas as during our mini-hike

The lookout

Bridge bringing you to the entrance of the park

It is spectacular

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home