From North to South

Amy's ramblings. Once upon a time these ramblings pertained to my 5 months in Guatemala and Honduras. Then they followed the ebb and flow of my final semester in Alaska. From there things really went south ... to Argentina, Bolivia and Chile. After 8 months in the Andes, I fell back under Alaska's spell … working at a newspaper and wandering mountains. Now I'm somewhat south again ... in Jackson Hole, WY, teaching ski school on the clock and making fresh tracks off the clock.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've come to realize that if you have faith in the world, the world will show you amazing and beautiful people, places and things

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Top 5 indications we're riding summer's caboose

5) I spent the week arranging a classroom. Yep, I'm back for another year of running the extended day program and Pacific Nothern Academy (a elementary and middle school) and this year we finally have a classroom of our own.
4) I've been consistently having to turn my headlights on... because it's actually dark.
3) The blooms on fireweed (an bountiful Alaskan flower) are broaching the top of the stock.
2) Walking out the front door the other morning I was wearing long underwear, a hat and a fleece jacket (among other clothing items =).
1) The first blueberries of the season are in. I took a hike on Sunday up Matanuska Peak. It was pouring rain the whole time, but as always, it was nice to be out. I was delighted to find patches of ripe blueberries perfect for munching...or gobbling...or devouring as the case may be. On that same hike I was also treated to wild cranberries, watermelon berries and crow berries. Yum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home