From North to South

Amy's ramblings. Once upon a time these ramblings pertained to my 5 months in Guatemala and Honduras. Then they followed the ebb and flow of my final semester in Alaska. From there things really went south ... to Argentina, Bolivia and Chile. After 8 months in the Andes, I fell back under Alaska's spell … working at a newspaper and wandering mountains. Now I'm somewhat south again ... in Jackson Hole, WY, teaching ski school on the clock and making fresh tracks off the clock.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've come to realize that if you have faith in the world, the world will show you amazing and beautiful people, places and things

Friday, December 29, 2006

Apparently not relaxed enough

As I noted in an earlier entry, with each passing day I'm becoming more relaxed. However, according to Argentine standards, I still have progress to make.

To make a long story short, my family decided to take a raft trip. We were told to meet at 9:30 a.m. and that the drive to the put in would be 2 hours. After the approximately 13 stops... sometimes just for a smoke, sometimes to buy food for the asado (BBQ) following the raft trip, somtimes to pick up a guide, sometimes to drop the guide's kid off at his grandparent's house... we didn't actually start the raft trip until 5 p.m. (no exageration). After the first two hours of slight annoyance, we remembered we were indeed in Latin America and we ought just to go with it. We sipped the mate when offered and hung out in the sun while waiting. The day turned out to be very enjoyable. The rafting was great fun, the people we met were extremely nice, the asado was especially tasty and the flavor of rural Patagonia was calming. One more lesson in my life long goal of learning how to relax.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home