From North to South

Amy's ramblings. Once upon a time these ramblings pertained to my 5 months in Guatemala and Honduras. Then they followed the ebb and flow of my final semester in Alaska. From there things really went south ... to Argentina, Bolivia and Chile. After 8 months in the Andes, I fell back under Alaska's spell … working at a newspaper and wandering mountains. Now I'm somewhat south again ... in Jackson Hole, WY, teaching ski school on the clock and making fresh tracks off the clock.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've come to realize that if you have faith in the world, the world will show you amazing and beautiful people, places and things

Monday, February 26, 2007

Volcan Lanin I

Me hiking up on the first day. The moutain was smoothered in clouds.

Nico


The shadow of Volcan Lanin on nearby mountains at sunset on the first day

The refugio where we spent two nights

Sunset from the refugio on day one

Martin

Caro


We were on a snowfield on the side of the mountain practicing self-arrests when "here comes a giant spider the size of my palm." It was so bizaare! Never in my life have a seen anything like it. It was so intrigued I didn't even think to be afraid... spider therapy complete. I took like 20 photos while it just meandered around.

A very wise moon

Facu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home