From North to South

Amy's ramblings. Once upon a time these ramblings pertained to my 5 months in Guatemala and Honduras. Then they followed the ebb and flow of my final semester in Alaska. From there things really went south ... to Argentina, Bolivia and Chile. After 8 months in the Andes, I fell back under Alaska's spell … working at a newspaper and wandering mountains. Now I'm somewhat south again ... in Jackson Hole, WY, teaching ski school on the clock and making fresh tracks off the clock.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've come to realize that if you have faith in the world, the world will show you amazing and beautiful people, places and things

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Buenos Aires

So I have to admit that I wasn't so sure how this mountain girl would do in the big city... or should I say the huge, enormous city filled with millions of people.

Turns out, I've had a really good time in Buenos Aires. I've loved the constant bustle, the smell of street food, the sunny days and the inumerable cafes. I've also loved sharing this experience with Joshua. How fun it is to travel and be with such a dear friend!

Tomorrow we're off to Bolivia... 27 hours on the bus to get to the border! At least we have the best seats (up front) and each other's company. Let the adventure continue...

Love and hugs to you all,
Amy


A very European looking city!

Joshua next to a very savory piece of steak. Yum!


Nothing like cold beer and pizza before a soccer match

Team River's stadium

Argentines are futbol fanatics. The energy in the stadium was great... esp. given that the game (River vs. Belgrano) wasn't of particular importance on overall league standings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home