From North to South

Amy's ramblings. Once upon a time these ramblings pertained to my 5 months in Guatemala and Honduras. Then they followed the ebb and flow of my final semester in Alaska. From there things really went south ... to Argentina, Bolivia and Chile. After 8 months in the Andes, I fell back under Alaska's spell … working at a newspaper and wandering mountains. Now I'm somewhat south again ... in Jackson Hole, WY, teaching ski school on the clock and making fresh tracks off the clock.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've come to realize that if you have faith in the world, the world will show you amazing and beautiful people, places and things

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Six hours in Osorno

So, I've had six hours now to fiddle around Osorno, Chile while waiting for my bus to Santiago. What does one do in so many hours? Spend lots of time on the internet (thus the long-winded blog). Wander around open-mouthed in the huge super market (it's just not very often that I get to go into big super markets). Buy peanut butter (this was definitely the highlight! I found peanut butter once in Bolivia, and other than that I haven't eaten peanut butter in six months!). Ponder the strange concrete churches sprinkled throughout the town (I've seen lots of churches in my life, but never ones quite so bizaare as the ones here in Osorno...see photo). Sit in the central park (there was a group of people practicing their juggling). Buy a cup of coffee and write in my journal (this one never fails, it can be done basically anywhere in the world). And meander through the streets some more (make sure you have the "I'm a little bit lost" look on your face, so that if you trip over someone, they won't be too bothered).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home