From North to South

Amy's ramblings. Once upon a time these ramblings pertained to my 5 months in Guatemala and Honduras. Then they followed the ebb and flow of my final semester in Alaska. From there things really went south ... to Argentina, Bolivia and Chile. After 8 months in the Andes, I fell back under Alaska's spell … working at a newspaper and wandering mountains. Now I'm somewhat south again ... in Jackson Hole, WY, teaching ski school on the clock and making fresh tracks off the clock.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've come to realize that if you have faith in the world, the world will show you amazing and beautiful people, places and things

Monday, November 03, 2008

A tribute to my beloved Xela

Snow falls, covering Xela's paw prints on what would be her first birthday
My powder hound who loved fresh tracks just as much as I do ...
Velvet black leaping through white crystals - a few clinging to her muzzle
My Xela
My sweet, beautiful, playful, faithful Xela
May you have mountains to climb, dirty laundry to sniff and peanut butter to fill your belly




"Please take me home"
"I like these mountains Mommy take me to"
"My yellow football is my favorite toy, I even snuggle with it at night"
"Why would you want to work when you can play with me instead?"
Best friends
Shadow and Xela
"Mommy, I have no idea how your book bag got wrapped around me"
Snuggle time with Joshua"Nothing like a good foot to rest your head on" Mommy and Xela
Happy Dog
"This is what I do while Mommy makes newspapers""I'm not so sure about not having all four paws on the ground"
"Will you throw my stick, mommy?"
"Look, I found a good size stick"


On Sunday Xela got hit by a car and passed on while we were driving to pet emergency. A neighbor dog came to play, and in the joy and excitement of the moment Xela leaped out onto the road just as a car came around the corner.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Amy,
I just want you to know you're in my thoughts and I'm wrapping you in love. I've been grappling with grief recently, too.

Here's an article that had helpful ideas for me: http://www.spirituality.com/article.jhtml?ElementId=/repositories/shcomarticle/Dec2006/1165433486.xml

And the last two verses of hymn 263:
As the stars in order going,
All harmonious, He doth move;
Heavenly calm and comfort showing,
Comes the healing word of Love.
Who the word of wisdom heareth
Feels the Father Love within,
Where as dawn the shadow cleareth,
Love outshines the night of sin.

So we find the true atonement,
Know in God the perfect Friend;
For in Love is our at-one-ment,
Where all hearts in Him may blend.
Here from prisoning pain and sorrow
Have we all a sure release,
Only God can bring us gladness,
Only God can give us peace.

Loving you,
Rachel

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home