From North to South

Amy's ramblings. Once upon a time these ramblings pertained to my 5 months in Guatemala and Honduras. Then they followed the ebb and flow of my final semester in Alaska. From there things really went south ... to Argentina, Bolivia and Chile. After 8 months in the Andes, I fell back under Alaska's spell … working at a newspaper and wandering mountains. Now I'm somewhat south again ... in Jackson Hole, WY, teaching ski school on the clock and making fresh tracks off the clock.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've come to realize that if you have faith in the world, the world will show you amazing and beautiful people, places and things

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Brrr ... it's cold outside


Alaska is in the middle of a deep freeze ... days on end of minus 20 degrees in Anchorage ... and much, much colder in the interior. It's a great excuse to hole up inside ... get to all those random chores and read a book ... but when cabin fever sets in ... there's only one things to do ... call the neighbors, grab the cross country skis, bundle up and head outside. Once you get moving ... frosty cheeks and eyelashes can be kind of fun. In the picture I'm with friends Wendy and Scott.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home