From North to South

Amy's ramblings. Once upon a time these ramblings pertained to my 5 months in Guatemala and Honduras. Then they followed the ebb and flow of my final semester in Alaska. From there things really went south ... to Argentina, Bolivia and Chile. After 8 months in the Andes, I fell back under Alaska's spell … working at a newspaper and wandering mountains. Now I'm somewhat south again ... in Jackson Hole, WY, teaching ski school on the clock and making fresh tracks off the clock.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've come to realize that if you have faith in the world, the world will show you amazing and beautiful people, places and things

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Skiing at Hatcher

Ben and I went out for some early season turns today (actually this afternoon, we didn't leave the car until 2 p.m.). The snow was a bit crusty, but there was good coverage, beautiful blue skies and not even a hint of wind. We skied a face next to Microdot (see red line below).

On the approach to the face next to Microdot... we ended up skiing the line I marked in red

Ben putting on his boots at the car

Making our way up ... Mircodot is in the background

Ben laying in the skin track

What a beautiful bluesky day
The view from the ridgeline
Up on top ... time to pull the skins off and head down
Our tracks bathed in alpenglow
Ben pointing out where we skied

Skiing off into the sunset
Peace

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home