From North to South

Amy's ramblings. Once upon a time these ramblings pertained to my 5 months in Guatemala and Honduras. Then they followed the ebb and flow of my final semester in Alaska. From there things really went south ... to Argentina, Bolivia and Chile. After 8 months in the Andes, I fell back under Alaska's spell … working at a newspaper and wandering mountains. Now I'm somewhat south again ... in Jackson Hole, WY, teaching ski school on the clock and making fresh tracks off the clock.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've come to realize that if you have faith in the world, the world will show you amazing and beautiful people, places and things

Thursday, February 26, 2009

A run up Ram

On Sunday Zippy and I hiked/ ran from the cabin up into Ram Valley (positively one of the most beautiful places in the area ... it's a hanging glacial valley that cascades down between jutting peaks). It was a fabulous day to be out. Up on the ridge I ran into a neighbor, who graciously snapped a photo of Zippy and I, as well as spotted me (ie kept an eye on me in the improbable case of an avalanche) while I glacaded down a powder-caked gully. My neighbor had skis ... and covered my tracks with a few turns of his own. The best part: I actually wore Zippy out ... he slept for a whole six hours afterward = )

Zippy and I on a ridge, with the entrance to Ram Valley behind us

Zipparoni

Zippideedodah
I live in the bottom of this valley, aptly named Eagle River Valley. Cook Inlet is in the distance.
Zippers
A debris pile from an old avalanche

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home