From North to South

Amy's ramblings. Once upon a time these ramblings pertained to my 5 months in Guatemala and Honduras. Then they followed the ebb and flow of my final semester in Alaska. From there things really went south ... to Argentina, Bolivia and Chile. After 8 months in the Andes, I fell back under Alaska's spell … working at a newspaper and wandering mountains. Now I'm somewhat south again ... in Jackson Hole, WY, teaching ski school on the clock and making fresh tracks off the clock.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've come to realize that if you have faith in the world, the world will show you amazing and beautiful people, places and things

Saturday, June 13, 2009

38 miles, baby!

On Friday a crew of us - Ed, Mike, Karen and I - ran Resurrection Pass on the Kenai Peninsula. At 38 miles, it was officially the longest run I've ever done. It was a perfect day to be out ... a nice cloud cover, beautiful wildflowers, an impeccable trail and a great crew! It took us 8 1/2 hours to complete the crossing. Afterward we delighted in hamburgers, milkshakes, lattes and every other delicious thing we could think of available between Hope (the town we finished in) and Anchorage.

Starting out .... we're an hour or two into the run at this point
Ed
A perfect trail on perfect terrain
Karen
Great views!
Puppy is all grins when it comes to Karen's battle wounds
At this bridge we started to taste the finish
Zippy and his mamma
A 30 second photo stop from a great vantage point
A fun crew
A couple miles from the end we found an old bar stool on the trail ... Karen helped herself to a seat
The big finish! Karen, Amy, Zippy and Puppy after 38 miles on the trail.
Ed and Mike coming in for a landing.
Zippy says I'm feeling a bit tired, I think I'll rest under a tree
In the car ride home ... Zippy is zapped.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home