From North to South

Amy's ramblings. Once upon a time these ramblings pertained to my 5 months in Guatemala and Honduras. Then they followed the ebb and flow of my final semester in Alaska. From there things really went south ... to Argentina, Bolivia and Chile. After 8 months in the Andes, I fell back under Alaska's spell … working at a newspaper and wandering mountains. Now I'm somewhat south again ... in Jackson Hole, WY, teaching ski school on the clock and making fresh tracks off the clock.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've come to realize that if you have faith in the world, the world will show you amazing and beautiful people, places and things

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Lost Lake and laughter

Last weekend, I headed out with a group of fabulous women to run the absolutely stunning 17-mile Lost Lake trail. It was my virgin crossing, and I finally understood why all the rave. When you get up to the pass, it opens up into this expansive rolling alpine tundra, dotted by lakes and flanked by glaciers. The overcast sky showed us some mercy, and stopped raining long enough for us to make the trip. We ended our excursion with burritos, and then coffee in Seward. The best part of the day? Laughing! With such a fun group of ladies, there were times when I was literally crying because I was laughing so hard.





Here's the link to see the Lost Lake photos individually in a Web album.

amy

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home