From North to South

Amy's ramblings. Once upon a time these ramblings pertained to my 5 months in Guatemala and Honduras. Then they followed the ebb and flow of my final semester in Alaska. From there things really went south ... to Argentina, Bolivia and Chile. After 8 months in the Andes, I fell back under Alaska's spell … working at a newspaper and wandering mountains. Now I'm somewhat south again ... in Jackson Hole, WY, teaching ski school on the clock and making fresh tracks off the clock.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've come to realize that if you have faith in the world, the world will show you amazing and beautiful people, places and things

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Clocking the miles on Crow

Saturday a group of us ladies ran Crow Pass. For a couple of the ladies it was their first time traversing the 24-mile trail - and like the rest of us - immediately fell in love with the glacier-caked peaks, wide braided river crossing, lush tundra and in some weird way even the long stretch of overgrown devil's club and cow parsnip.

I'm a bit bummed to be missing the Crow Pass Crossing race this year. It was initially scheduled for last weekend, but then they bumped the date back a week - and I flew out of Alaska last night. So it goes ... Should be a good race this year. Some pretty fierce competitors are signed up.













Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home