From North to South

Amy's ramblings. Once upon a time these ramblings pertained to my 5 months in Guatemala and Honduras. Then they followed the ebb and flow of my final semester in Alaska. From there things really went south ... to Argentina, Bolivia and Chile. After 8 months in the Andes, I fell back under Alaska's spell … working at a newspaper and wandering mountains. Now I'm somewhat south again ... in Jackson Hole, WY, teaching ski school on the clock and making fresh tracks off the clock.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've come to realize that if you have faith in the world, the world will show you amazing and beautiful people, places and things

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Mas photos!

Me climbing a monument of a local hero at the top of a nearby mountian!

There was a good view from up there- my spanish teacher was egging me on to climb higher, but the first little pitch was all I had in me.

It's called improvising

On Thurs. a few of us studednts hike to the top of a nearby mountain to have spanish classes outdoors. Rony (left) was my teacher last week and Carla (right) was my teacher for the two weeks before.

Santa Aguita erupting at sunset

Volcan Santa Maria (the one that towers over Xela) with Santa Aguita erupting behind it

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

FOUL! Using the knee to mantle in that first pic! You're gonna have to go back and climb the whole pillar to redeem yourself ;)

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your humor, as always. Great comment from Jeff W.
The world is one big playground, and I'm so happy for you that you keep finding such intriguing places to play. Who would have thought that the days you spent climbing the "big" rock in our backyard on Little Cub Rd. would lead you to climbing in Guatemala????

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home