From North to South

Amy's ramblings. Once upon a time these ramblings pertained to my 5 months in Guatemala and Honduras. Then they followed the ebb and flow of my final semester in Alaska. From there things really went south ... to Argentina, Bolivia and Chile. After 8 months in the Andes, I fell back under Alaska's spell … working at a newspaper and wandering mountains. Now I'm somewhat south again ... in Jackson Hole, WY, teaching ski school on the clock and making fresh tracks off the clock.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've come to realize that if you have faith in the world, the world will show you amazing and beautiful people, places and things

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Nebaj to Todos Santos Part II

View from Diego's house in Xexocom where we stayed the first night on the trail
Super cute!

When I first saw this church in Acul I thought it was completely adorable (note: the fact that it's purple may have had a small part in that). Taking a break in the courtyard next to the church one of our guides told us the story of what happened to Acul during the civil war and what specifically took place in this church. Just thinking about the details from this story still makes me sick to my stomache. It's unbelievably horrific what humanity is capable of doing to each other. Needless to say, I now have very mixed feelings when I see this photo.


Throughout the small towns we passed it was quite common to see women sitting on their porch weaving with their backstrap looms

This gril was quite enthralled with Tanya


Tanya showing the girls the photo they asked her take of them


A passerby

On the first day of hiking we stopped at a cheese farm to eat lunch. Patrick found these googles and hat hanging on the wall and decided to sport them during the meal. I think the googles are particularly sexy =)


Preparing a very yummy lunch complete with good bread, avocadoes and freshly made cheese

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home