From North to South

Amy's ramblings. Once upon a time these ramblings pertained to my 5 months in Guatemala and Honduras. Then they followed the ebb and flow of my final semester in Alaska. From there things really went south ... to Argentina, Bolivia and Chile. After 8 months in the Andes, I fell back under Alaska's spell … working at a newspaper and wandering mountains. Now I'm somewhat south again ... in Jackson Hole, WY, teaching ski school on the clock and making fresh tracks off the clock.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've come to realize that if you have faith in the world, the world will show you amazing and beautiful people, places and things

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Beach party

So, posting the video hasn't quite gone as planned... I'm still working on it though. If anyone has any tips, ideas or suggestions as to what I might be missing feel free to send them my way. In the meantime, here's some images from the Argentine beach scene.

The guide book said something to the effect, "You should go to the beach in Argentina in January just so you'll never again say, 'this beach is crowded.'" That pretty much sums it up. Buenos Aires et. al. flocks to the beach in January.

Some of my friends from Rosario (where I was an exchange student) are staying in a nearby town. We spent Sunday with them. What better afternoon beach activity in Argentina than drinking mate and snacking on medialunas!

During the day the activity is at the beach, at night it's in the town. The streets are alive from about 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. (Nope that's not a typo... and yes I know... Brad and I went to the disco with my Rosario friends on Sunday night... I mean Monday morning... we didn't leave for the disco until 3 a.m.)

Despite the swarms -- through local knowledge -- we were able to find a relatively uncrowded beach. As the sun set what people were on this beach scattered, leaving a gorgeous calm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home