From North to South

Amy's ramblings. Once upon a time these ramblings pertained to my 5 months in Guatemala and Honduras. Then they followed the ebb and flow of my final semester in Alaska. From there things really went south ... to Argentina, Bolivia and Chile. After 8 months in the Andes, I fell back under Alaska's spell … working at a newspaper and wandering mountains. Now I'm somewhat south again ... in Jackson Hole, WY, teaching ski school on the clock and making fresh tracks off the clock.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've come to realize that if you have faith in the world, the world will show you amazing and beautiful people, places and things

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Where cultures meet

The other day I went to the mall here in Xela just to check it out. Walking through the doors was like walking into America. Gap, subway and Burger King were amongst the many stores there. One moment really left a strong image in my head through. I passed an indigenous woman (wearing traditional clothes as they all do here) carrying two boxes of dominoes pizza. Talk about an interesting intersection of cultures! These type of scenes are everywhere though. Somday I'm going to (discretely) take a picture of an indigenous woman standing in front of McDonalds. Wouldn't that be an intriguing photo? Anyway, I was just thinking about this and I thought I would share.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home