From North to South

Amy's ramblings. Once upon a time these ramblings pertained to my 5 months in Guatemala and Honduras. Then they followed the ebb and flow of my final semester in Alaska. From there things really went south ... to Argentina, Bolivia and Chile. After 8 months in the Andes, I fell back under Alaska's spell … working at a newspaper and wandering mountains. Now I'm somewhat south again ... in Jackson Hole, WY, teaching ski school on the clock and making fresh tracks off the clock.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've come to realize that if you have faith in the world, the world will show you amazing and beautiful people, places and things

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Lean not to my own understanding

I'm here at my office on a Saturday afternoon, cleaning and clearing everything out. Two sticky notes with the following quotes cling to my computer monitor.

"Thoughts unspoken are not unknown to the divine Mind. Desire is prayer; and no loss can occur from trusting God with our desires that they may be molded and exalted before they take form in words and deeds."
Science and Health 1:10

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thy own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he will direct thy path."
Proverbs 3:5

How beautiful to watch these ideas in action!

Amy

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Crockett said...

Hey Amy! Here's another verse that I found that I absolutely love. I have it on my blog. "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights. He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to make me great. You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn."Psalm 18:32-36

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home