From North to South

Amy's ramblings. Once upon a time these ramblings pertained to my 5 months in Guatemala and Honduras. Then they followed the ebb and flow of my final semester in Alaska. From there things really went south ... to Argentina, Bolivia and Chile. After 8 months in the Andes, I fell back under Alaska's spell … working at a newspaper and wandering mountains. Now I'm somewhat south again ... in Jackson Hole, WY, teaching ski school on the clock and making fresh tracks off the clock.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've come to realize that if you have faith in the world, the world will show you amazing and beautiful people, places and things

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Off to see what I can find out

I took a major leap Friday ... some may say off a cliff ... but I prefer to think of it as a leap of faith in life and the potential it holds. I turned in my two weeks notice at the Alaska Star and am headed to Jackson Hole for a winter of skiing, working and new adventures.

This weekend, as I've begun to think about preparations (what I'm going to take, how I want to travel down there, what I want to give away, what details I need to get in order, etc.), I've felt, well, me.

The side of me that loves randomness, adventure and a moment-by-moment life, has largely been stuffed into the back corner of a closet during the last several months. It's nice to take it out, dust it off and welcome it back into the fold. It balances out my responsible, dedicated and perfectionist side. When put together these two sides create a sort of wholeness.

I've learned so much from working at the Alaska Star, and the paper will always be near and dear to my heart. I believe strongly in the role of journalism in communities, cities, states, countries and the world ... and I am in many ways sad to no longer have that be part of my daily mission ... but when the voice from within speaks, it's always best to listen.

So off I go, in the words of Cat Stevens, "to see what I can find out."
amy

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Sanderson said...

So cool that you are headed to jackson hole - do you know where you are going to work yet? Can't wait to hear all about it!

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home