From North to South

Amy's ramblings. Once upon a time these ramblings pertained to my 5 months in Guatemala and Honduras. Then they followed the ebb and flow of my final semester in Alaska. From there things really went south ... to Argentina, Bolivia and Chile. After 8 months in the Andes, I fell back under Alaska's spell … working at a newspaper and wandering mountains. Now I'm somewhat south again ... in Jackson Hole, WY, teaching ski school on the clock and making fresh tracks off the clock.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've come to realize that if you have faith in the world, the world will show you amazing and beautiful people, places and things

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Roots and wings

Packing is going slow ...

Just packing up my books has taken a couple of hours.

First, I had to read "The Zen of Running," a book my mom gave me that was published in the 1970s. It absolutely articulates the meditative state that running creates.

Then I found my journals from South America. I loved this quote from my journal:

"Sometimes I just want to be home, home with a log cabin and a semblance of a normal routine (try telling myself this when this actually what I have.)"

The best part of that quote is that I wrote it prior to my days in my lil' cabin ... I love how life manifests our deepest desires, and how I knew that while I would want the routine and cabin for a while, I wouldn't want it forever ... certainly we need a mix of roots and wings in life.

Now it is once again time to take flight ...

Amy

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathy CM said...

Amy, I'm glad to have refound your blog. I'm excited to follow your new adventure to Jackson Hole.
It's a bit closer so who knows we might see you this time.
We thought of you at A Basin for Rob's 21st. Your Mom filled mein on lots of details. Wow, I'm impressed with your journey.
Keep being at Light Being! Love, kathy

7:52 AM  
Blogger Kathy CM said...

Amy, I'm so happy you are following your heart and beginning another adventure at Jackson Hole. We thought of you on Sat. while grilling and celebrating Rob's 21st at A Basin..banner day...bluebird skies and in the high 40's with zero wind.
Hope to catch you while you are here in the lower 48. Glad you are connecting with Karina.
Enjoy, kathy

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home